Business Development Lead
Octane is hiring!
Octane Job Opportunity:
Business Development Lead
The Cloud has transformed the way software is built, marketed and sold. With powerful infrastructure at our fingertips, it’s never been easier to create and launch a successful software product. And yet, despite the fact that customers have come to expect a usage-based model, cloud developers are forced to reinvent metering, pricing and billing for every new application.
The complexity of becoming usage-based is stifling innovation in the cloud. At Octane we’re on a mission to become the cloud standard for usage-based monetization, freeing developers to focus on building the next generation of software.
Octane’s usage-based monetization platform automates away the complexities of metering, pricing, and billing, while offering developers flexibility in how they design their monetization model.. Octane customers can publish usage events using modern APIs, reliably bill their customers based on flexible usage aggregation models, design and test new and custom pricing plans, and provide customers with detailed insights into usage and spend. Everything the ‘cloud giants’ can do is now available to everyone.
Octane was founded by engineers from Google and Facebook, and is backed by high-profile VCs. We’re offering the right candidate a huge opportunity to be the first dedicated business hire at a high-growth cloud software company.
Who you’ll work with most:
The Business Development Lead will work directly with the CEO.
What you’ll do:
The Business Development Lead will work with the CEO to create new business opportunities for Octane. In this role, you will have flexibility to experiment and test new ways to accelerate sales and marketing functions. You will get the opportunity to meet with customers, assist with product launches, help define top-level business strategy, and define repeatable processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create new business opportunities for Octane to accelerate the pipeline.
- Research, analyze and organize pipeline data to fine tune the sales process.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer feedback to help execute top level strategies.
- Strategize with the engineering and product team to accelerate sales and marketing functions.
- Help with the sales process including prospecting and outbound outreach.
- Bachelors Degree with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Have 2+ years of work experience, with a background in management consulting or investment banking or business roles at a software startup
- Nice-to-have: experience in Tech, SaaS, B2B
- Nice-to-have: experience in billing/payment space
If you would like to interview for this role, please fill out this quick job application.