Careers at Octane
We are hiring!
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Octane's software engineers empower fast-growing businesses to price and bill based on consumption. They create elegant and practical solutions to the cutting-edge challenges of usage-based billing. From processing large-scale datasets to creating end-customer billing experiences, our platform handles information at massive scale, and can help businesses realize the data's value through creative and dependable transformations.
As a software engineer, you will own a variety of projects that span our entire system. Our engineers need to be versatile, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the entire infrastructure as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. Beyond the technicals, we expect our engineering team to display leadership qualities and excellent communication skills. Additionally we also encourage our engineers to demo to potential customers, participate in client meetings, and shape the future of the Octane team.
Octane is committed to forming the superstar engineering team that fast-growing SaaS businesses deserve. We hire individuals with a broad set of technical skills who are eager to have a meaningful impact on companies and their customers around the world.
What you'll do
- Build fast, reliable, and usable web-based features in our portal application.
- Work throughout our cutting-edge stack, from the API to the browser, to launch products, solidify best practices, and improve developer velocity.
- Research, plan, and build products from scratch and have meaningful sway over our technology, our design principles, and the makeup of our team and culture.
- Drive design collaborations, contribute to post-mortem analyses, and provide constructive code reviews, turning feedback into successful solutions.
- Work with a diverse and thoughtful team of engineers to achieve customer delight.
- Help assess, hire and mentor your future teammates.
We are looking for someone who has
- Bachelor's/Master’s/Graduate degree in Computer Science (or equivalent practical experience).
- 5+ years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3+ industry experience of launching, testing, and/or maintaining software products.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and optimizing single-page web applications.
- The ability to own the entire lifecycle of a feature. This means working with customers on requirements, documenting and testing the results, and seeing the finished product through to deployment or adoption.
- Some optional experience with:
- TypeScript, or any other typed browser-based language.
- Front-end build systems. React, or any other frontend application framework.
- GraphQL, both the language and its application.
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV / Resume